- The symptoms of rosacea are often broken with acne vulgaris, eczema and dermatitis. In contrary to these skin diseases, rosacea is mostly concentrated in the facial parts. Other adjacent areas like the ears, scalp, neck and chest are rarely affected by rosacea. Skin examination by a qualified dermatologist is the only reliable approach to confirm rosacea. Some of the notable acne rosacea symptoms are listed below :
- Mild flushing of the facial skin that looks like slight sunburn. This skin sign may come and go. It is caused as a result of increased blood circulation in the enlarged blood vessels.
- Persistent reddening of the face, which may last for a few days to several days. In men, skin redness is usually seen in the nose, while skin reddening is observed in almost all facial parts in women.
- In an individual having rosacea, small red veins are visible, particularly in the cheeks that resemble spiderwebs. These are caused due to increased blood flow, which in turn results in dilation of the blood vessels.
- Hypersensitivity of the facial skin to skin care products, like lotions, moisturizers and creams. Most patients complain of burning sensation while applying topical medications and moisturizer for rosacea treatment.
- Increased sensitivity to sunlight, temperature and humidity. Generally, the affected skin appears dry, irrespective of the weather conditions. Eruption of small papules and pus filled pustules are also common rosacea symptoms.
- An advanced condition of rosacea observed in male patients is rhinophyma. In such a case, the nose appears waxy, bulbous and enlarged due to presence of knobby bumps.
Cause’s for Rosacea
- The exact causes of rosacea are not known to medical experts. Nevertheless, it is observed that the occurrence rate of this skin problem is higher among Caucasian who have lighter skin tone. Also, women are more prone to rosacea than men. In most cases, it affects people in the age group 30 – 60. Rosacea symptoms are not complicated, unless they are related to the eyes. Many a time, people who are affected with rosacea may not be aware of their skin condition.
Home remedies for rosacea
- There are some home remedies for rosacea which help by soothing irritated skin and reducing redness and inflammation. natural home remedies for rosacea Licorice,honey and aloe vera facial mask for rosacea.