- Skin blemishes are easy to observe. They are usually easy on the uppermost layer of the skin, even if the root cause of the blemish lies in the greater layers. A skin blemish appears otherwise from the surrounding skin and could be characterized by pigmentation or discoloration. Acne is also taken to be a blemish on the skin. If the acne is disturbed or punctured, it may cause scarring and may form standing blemishes. Moles and other pigmentations may be present on the skin right from birth and are often known as port wine stains. Blemishes may also be characterized by white heads and blackheads .
Causes of Skin Blemishes
- There are some causes of skin blemishes. Most of the skin spots which we acquire through the course of our life are caused due to acne. Acne is caused when the pores of the skin become involved with dirt and naturally occurring sebum. Bacterial infections may also cause acne or barnacles. Acne normally begins building up with the formation of white heads and black heads.
- Acne can vanish on its own or can be bound using other medications or home remedies. However, the strong treatment of the acne lesions can cause scarring. Picking or squeezing of acne can also cause blemishes on the skin. Contagions due to bacteria like staphylococci and allergies are other factors that cause blemishes on the skin.
Home Remedies for Skin Blemishes
- To improve the appearing of your skin and get rid of blemishes, it is important to take care of the skin regularly. Soaking a piece of cotton in raw milk and wipe your face with it twice a day—once before going to sleep and once after waking up in the morning. This helps you get rid of the dirt and sebum which may have clogged your pores.
- To keep skin spots, squeeze the juice of a lemon and soak a cotton ball in it. Use this cotton ball to clean your face altogether twice a day. This helps disinfect your face. Lemon juice also has bleaching properties and you can use this to lighten the blemishes on your face.
Diet for Skin Blemishes
- To prevent skin blemishes, it is most great to keep the skin hydrated. Drink lots of fluids throughout the day and take in lots of vitamin C and E. Both of these help improve the texture of the skin and make your skin more bright and healthy from the inside.