- Scabies is affiliated with characteristic skin blizzards which are made up of tiny red bumps. These bumps can look anywhere on the body but are normally immediate on the wrists, close to the elbows, waist, knees, around the nipples feet buttocks and crotch. Sometimes, these tiny red bumps often become crusted with blood. A small number of mites may cause hundreds of rashes all over the body. If there is a scabies infection in children or infants, the rashes may look on the neck, face, palms and soles of the feet. As the mites burrow and tunnel around, thin brown and red near lines may begin to appear. These lines are thread like projections.
Causes of Scabies
- Scabies is caused by hints that live off in the body of their servers only for about 24-36 hours. These mites are transmitted from one person to another because of close contact. The transmission of scabies is especially frequent in young people who are sexually active.
Home Remedies for Scabies
- A paste made from the leaves of the neem tree can be applied to treat scabies. The neem tree goes to the mahogany family and is encountered in many of the Asian countries, especially India. A paste can be made with either fresh or dried neem leaves. To this, mix, add an equal amount of Curcuma longa powder and make a spread applying mustard oil. This paste can be applied topically to the affected areas. Let the paste remain for about an hour and then wash it off. Use this paste several times till your lesions and rashes are altogether healed.
- Another effective home remedy is the juice of drumstick leaves. Express the juice from about 400-500 drumsticks and mix an equal amount of sesame oil to it. Boil this solution till the time all the water dries up. Apply this thick solution to the involved areas everyday.
Diet for Scabies
- If a person is being treated for scabies, the diet should take only light foods. Fresh citrus fruits are the best for this consideration. Apple, pear, peaches, pineapple, and oranges can be included in the diet. You should also consume fresh fruit juices if you are having from scabies. This will help you improve immunity.